Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Home Again!

We made it home. It felt so strange to be in my own bed. The house felt so...big. On the way home we went to Houston to drop off Brian's mom. We stopped to see the Houston temple before we dropped her off. It is such a pretty temple. After we dropped Marilyn off at the airport we went to the NASA Space Center. We walked around Rocket Park and got to see Saturn V(a space rocket) It is HUGE! Then we drove down to see the Gulf of Mexico. We ended up staying in San Antonio that night. The next morning we saw the Alamo. I loved the Alamo. Utah is in debt to the men who fought and died at the Alamo. On Friday night we slept in Carlsbad, NM. We didn't get to see the caverns. That will have to be another trip. We ended up replacing the drive line and universal joint on the truck in Roswell, NM. We were certainly watched over and blessed in that event. We ended up sleeping in Albequerque, NM Saturday night. I really like the Albequerque area. I can't believe how much it has grown over the years! We were able to make it home at about 1am Sunday night. We had such a good trip. This is one to remember for a lifetime. The picture I have inserted is of a daisy on the side of the highway in Texas. The wild flowers on the sides of the roads are so pretty.

1 comment:

  1. Home again, home again, jiggitty jig! I'm not sure why that popped into my head?!?
    You are one brave, crazy girl to go that far with all your kids. I don't think I'd be a very nice mama, just driving to SL tests my patience.....Whoever invented DVD's for the car and my hubby who instaled it, yea, my HEROS!!!!
    I'm glad you had a good time and saw some fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete