Saturday, April 4, 2009

From Heber, UT to Cortez, CO


We left Heber last night. We drove through Spanish Fork Canyon to Price. The snow was really bad. There were a couple of times the truck and trailer was sliding a bit. It scared me to death! We slept just outside of Price. We stopped at about midnight. On the way to Moab we found a couple of geocaches. Moab was our stop for lunch. There was quite a bit of snow in Monticello. We got into Cortez about 5pm and decided to stay. We are at a KOA tonight. Cortez really isn't a place to camp off the side of the road! Tomorrow we will stop at Four Corners and then sleep in Albequerque, NM. By then we should be out of the snow. Thank goodness for our trailer and the heater!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you guys have your trailer!!! I was just telling Jake about camping in the back of the '71 Chev with all 6 of us. It seems crazy to me now....but we had soooo much fun and have such great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the snow is horrible but hopefully the rest of the trip isnt like that! Make sure to post pics! I sent you an invite to the blog but it says you have not excepted it yet. I dont know if you need me to send you another one or not. Let me know :)

    ReplyDelete